Tuesday, November 21, 2006


Thanksgiving post

I can't believe that the holidays are here! It seems the days and months fly by faster with each year. I can't help but remember that the Bible teaches us that our days are like grass or a puff of smoke. We here today and then gone tomorrow. My greatest goal in life is to make the greatest possible impact for the glory of God with the time and talents that God has given to me.

I truly have much to be thankful for. A wonderful wife, the love of my life, and the most beautiful women in the world. Eight great kids. A beautiful home to live in. Food on the table and clothes on my back. I have been blessed with a great church to pastor. The people are so gracious to me and my family. Most of all, I am thankful for the glorious grace of Jesus Christ that has saved a sinner like me. That God could love me is beyond my ability to comprehend. He has blessed me with every blessing in the heavenly places, adopted me into his forever family, and is even now designing a heavenly home for me. On top of all that God has called me to preach the Gospel. There is no greater priviledge given to a man. I am thankful for the men who have mentored me, for the churches that have put up with me, and the friends that have encouraged me.

Thank you God, for a wonderful life!

No comments: