Thursday, June 29, 2006

Here's something I keep in my sermon folder, and that I read over just before I preach (usually during the special music, sorry Gary!).

IMPACT PREACHING

Always preach to make an eternal IMPACT!

I - I preach an Inspired Text
2 Timothy 3:16 (NKJV)
16alll Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every
good work.

M - I preach to Magnify Christ
1 Corinthians 1:23 (NKJV)
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and
to the Greeks foolishness,

P - I must preach from a Pure heart
Psalm 24:3-4 (NKJV)
Who shall ascend unto the hill of the Lord? He who has clean hands
and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn
deceitfully.

A - I must preach under the Anointing of the Spirit
Ephesians 5:17-18 (NKJV)
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the
Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but
be filled with the Spirit,

C - I must preach with a Crucified Life
Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but
Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by
faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

T - I must preach Trusting God for the Results
Isaiah 55:11 (NKJV)
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not
return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall
prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Preach as a dying man to dying men! Preach as if this were the last sermon
I will ever preach, because it just might be!

No comments: